Tuesday 26 July 2011

Live full the life you have imagined

Hello bloggers,
I haven't been blogging lately. Work is very, very stressful at the moment and it has made me feeling mentally exhausted. I just did not have the energy to get to my blog.
Nevertheless I have 2 cards that have been hanging around for more than a week. I tried something new, which is stamping on black card and colouring with  metallic colour pencils from Derwent. I bought these pencils last year at the pencil museum in Keswick, but did not use them much because they don't seem to have much effect on white paper.
I stamped in Brilliance white ink, but touched up with white gel pen after colouring. This background is done with pencil.
This background is done with white metallic paint wash. The stamps are from Hero Arts. The sentiment stamp is from Kaisercraft.
 The full image cut out with Nestabilities.
Another detail of a butterfly. I stamped on black cardstock from American Crafts; this is a nice heavy weight card but the pores are large/ textured, which doesn't simplify colouring on it.
October Afternoon ledger paper and Coordinations cardstock Black Magic, but I used the reverse on both cards so I could use the colour.
Prima music sheet paper for the background and both cards on kraft card. I prefer the second one with the coloured background. The painted one becomes a bit too misty.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Margaret, thanks for visiting my blog. I am enjoying my visit here on yours. This card is particularly striking. The color and white against the black is so beautiful. I have never heard of that type pencil before but it produces such gorgeous colors.