Wednesday 2 September 2009

Happy Birthday Mini Quartet

Hello,
I finished these mini cards a while ago. They 're great fun to make. All the stamps come in one set from Inkadinkado. It also includes the little "Got Cake?" mammal, I used in another card. The paper is from Doodlebug Happy Birthday Boy. I would actually never buy this kind of paper, but it was the first -and the last time- I did buy a lucky dip paper bundle from Crafts U Love. It might be good for someone just starting to craft and if you don't know yet what you like making. But it has been good as it allows me to use some items I have in stock which I haven't really used for years -like the balloon brads-. Even the bright blue buttons from the 99p store, the 2-sided ribbon I got from my mother and the gemstones from the kids craft corner in John Lewis -what was I thinking?-.
The stamp set on the other hand I really like. I bumped into this set by accident. We went on a shopping trip to Bluewater and in a hobby store over there they had it priced for 2.35£?? That must have been an error, because they had no sale on. Just my lucky day! They also had quite a bit of the Basic Grey Papers and card making sets. So I ate my heart out...LOL.All the cards are cut using the Cricut's Stretch Your Imagination cart. The different patterned papers are then inked with Aloe Vera and Sea Breeze Dew drops VersaMagic. All images have been colored with Whispers and I also used some Lime Ice Stickles.Te light blue and green dotted ribbons are from Hobbycraft. The small buttons are from Autumn Leaves's French Twist.The fun thing about using the Cricut is that I can now also cut out the exact size envelopes to go with the cards, making it easier to send them. I like how the cards have turned out. I have started to "agree" with the paper, doesn't mean that I like it yet. As it is 12x12 size, I will be using the left over rather than throwing it away. I wish I knew who I could give my unloved craft stuff to. I 'm collecting it in a bag. I 've read on someones blog that there is a charity that makes cards for people in hospital, but that was in America. Should be one in the UK too.

No comments: