Thursday 3 November 2011

Friendship is a together thing

Hi, I am back with a new card. I used my new Crafty Secrets stampset "Wizard of Oz".
I guess everyone knows the story of Dorothy and Toto, the Tinman, Scarecrow and the Lion. My DH is very fond of the movie as he saw it as a child and has bought it again to recollect his happy memories.
I found a 8x8 inch paperpad from Graphic 45 that is all about the Wizard of Oz. Every paper is double sided and so beautiful, it took me a while before I could make myself cut into it.
Here is how my card started:
Stamped on watercolour paper and painted with Distress inks.
Prima flowers sprayed and painted with Glimmer Chalk and Glimmer Glaze in Mulled Grape and Champagne, sprinkled with fine glitter dust. The small flowers are from Marianne Design and the brads from Basic Grey Lime Rickey. The binding has also been painted with Glimmer Glaze. The leaves are cut with Spellbinders dies in felt as are the frames. The group of leaves are also painted in Glimmer Glaze Wicked.
The background is made with Black Magic card from Coordination which I have embossed and then sanded. The gems are coloured with Copics in Emerald Green -very fitting for the theme-. The label is painted with Antique Linen Distress Stain. I added some red Stickles as a border to the card.
Another close-up of the 2 friends.
This finished card is one for the collection. Some of my card never get posted and this one will also go in my 2011 box.

No comments: