Sunday 11 November 2012

Christmas cards with freebies

I bought some Glimmer Mist from Charmed Cards and Crafts and received a little bag with Christmas acetates. At first I thought: "What am I going to do with this?", but then I decided that as I needed so many cards that I may just as well use something different.
I grabbed my box with leftover cardstock from DCWV, My Minds Eye and Making Memories papers, and put these Christmas cards together.
 A Spellbinders die for the focal point and Glimmer Glaze in pearls and green for the ribbon. Some Anita's half pearls to embellish the diecut and some red/white twine finish the card.
Inside is another acetate and the sentiment is from Me & My Big Ideas and has been embossed.
This card has some diecut letters by Tim Holz for the sentiment and I have coloured them with Distress Stain.
The background has also been stained with Picket Fence stain. Unusual colours for Christmas, but I think it still works. Not everyone likes red and green all the time.
 The journalling circle is from Me &My Big Ideas and is embossed in gold as is the sentiment.
I am making an effort to always decorate the inside of my cards as well. Here I left a large white space to write. I am busy making a lot more Christmas cards and those are completely different to the ones shown here. So if you don't like them, just stay tuned and understand the frugality of the idea.

No comments: