Sunday 28 February 2010

Bless this Nest

Hello,
I finally got to finish this wall hanging. It's a wooden board and I spray painted it in 2 different shades, a gold and a bronze. Then I applied a creme craquele paint over the top surface.
All the die cut images are from the Sweetheart cartridge, except for the love stamp and the scalloped oval. Everything got a Glimmer Mist spritz. The colours I used are Creme de chocolat, Sand, Bronze, Vintage pink, Rose tea, Marsmallow and Pearl. The hearts and Tilda are colored with Copics. I also used some really old gold glitter. My mom bought the stuff when we were litlle. Not sure what she did with it though. I 've still got 2 tubes of silver and a tube and a half of the gold. It's quite a chunky glitter. I know Martha Stewart is doing the same style of vintage glitter again.
The board has a hook at the back and I attached an organza ribbon with 2 wooden beads at the end. I used Tea dye ink to distress some of the edges of the die cuts. The flowers are from Prima and Hero Arts, the little roses are from Hobbycraft and the 4 big roses are re-used from wedding favors. The dried cinnamon sticksand twigs with raffia and roses, have been in my possession for many years. I bought them in Belgium in Blokker with the intention to use them for gift wrapping. Waste not want not...
The plaque now decorates my hallway. It 's quite difficult to get a good shot, because the item is quite big, but it sure looks good hanging on the wall.
Post update 01-03-2010:
I was able to take a better shot the next morning with the sun coming in through the front door. I have added a few pearls and stars. Funny thing is; my other half really seems to like it. Not too girly for him LOL.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Margaret, I just love this. I am not a huge fan of the Magnolia stamps, but she is adorable sitting at the bottom of this lovely plaque you have made. So Shabby Chic. I love Glimmer Mist. I have been spraying everything. :D

Have a great weekend hun!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo pretty with a lovely vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot. xxD

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Love the soft tones. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cuttlebug Spot!
~Margie~