Sunday 28 October 2012

To someone special

I made a card with some free gifts that were supplied with a crafting magazine in this past summer issue.
Normally I would struggle to use any free gifts as the style or colour might not suit and quite often the quality is not there. This time I just loved the papers and acetates as all the colours were so lively.

The card has a summery feel to it and can be used for birthdays or just to say hello to that someone special.
I stamped this large Hero Arts flower on watercolour cardstock and coloured it with Caran d'Ache watercolour pencils. I added Ranger pearlescent paints in the middle and edges of the leaves.
I used some Spellbinders dies to cut the images and create border and focal point. The acetate butterflies are decorated with some Melissa Frances half pearls.
The inside of the card is decorated with more of the free papers and another writing area made from American Crafts cardstock.

No comments: