Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy fall

While everyone is gone trick or treating, we are enjoying the cozy indoors and are relaxing after work.
The weather is miserable so hopefully not too many knocks on our front door, but we have the candy ready. I have decorated the front window a bit and added candles, so the little ones don't get too scared when they come round. We tend to get quite small children with their parents watching from a safe distance. We don't want to frighten the living daylights out of them...

I have made a fall basket for my DH's sweeties. Not that I will let him go round the houses, haha.
Everything is made from scratch, even the pumpkin. I scrap-lifted the idea from a Magnolia Ink magazine and added my own twist. scroll down if you like to see more.
A sweet little Tilda on one side.
 And Edwin on the other side.
The images are coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. Edwin and Tilda are sitting on a CC Designs  bench. The pumpkin is made out of 5 ovals each. I painted the with spiced marmalade and inked the edges, then the ovals are glued together.

The lettering has been die cut with a Tim Holz die and coloured with gold metallic pen. The little flowers and swirls are from Magnolia Doohickey dies. Anita's orange gems in the middle of each flower and on the handle.
The design paper is from K&Co and is an old stack I have lying around, but the colours always come in handy.
 Oops... it seems my big ghoul has already been at the goodies.

No comments: