Sunday 13 February 2011

Wallpaper card

I made this little card for my mother. I have just been on the phone with her for over an hour.
Told her some good news, so she has something to look forward too.
My dear mother, she so far away from me. I miss her terribly.
I am the youngest and lived with her until I was 30. I know, not many children do these days, but "us" was all we had for a long time. We were the bestest friends and still are. I am blessed to have such a good mother.
And now she is old and frail and too far away from me, it hurts.
I have just released some news to her and need to give her time to think.

The card is made with a piece of wallpaper border from her apartment. Once it went up on the wall, she didn't like it so much. So I made a card to show her it is still pretty. I decoupaged some flowers out of the paper and used hot glue to give it dimension.



DP: Webster's Pages
Stamp: TPC Studio
MS punch and Stickles, MM brads and Nestabilities label with Distress ink.

No comments: