Tuesday 20 September 2011

Acrylic baby album

A baby album for a colleague.
I made this album for one of my colleagues who was expecting a baby, but did not know if it was a boy or a girl. Tricky scans... She has now given birth and it is a lovely baby girl Laura.
I tried to make the album "gender neutral" and used Little Yellow Bicycle papers called Baby Safari. In the end, my album turned out looking more girly, so I was really pleased when she finally did have a girl. I hope she will love her baby album.
I used a Srappy Cat 6x6 clear acrylic tab album.
 The completed album with ribbons on the book rings.
I sprayed Prima flowers with Perfect Pearls Pearl. Note: the glitter is not so permanent as the Glimmer Mist. You get very shiny fingers. It is the first time I have bought this brand, but won't be buying it again. The chipboard and cork letters are from Making Memories. The rub-on from American Crafts, buttons by Basic Grey, flock sticker by DCWV spring stack. All trims and ribbons by Making Memories. Here I added some Viva pearls on the trim.
A cute little flocked owl.
Artemio clear stamps to stamp all the little animals in the album. All puffy stickers in this album are by Accessorize. American Crafts rub-on and flock stickers from DCWV.

Rub-on by 3 Bugs in a Rug, Artemio tree stamp.
Puffy monkey stickers.
 Rub-on sentiment by DCWV and glazed branch sticker by DCWV.
 I created a photo frame with Nestabilities and used American Crafts eyelets.
A DCWV rub-on with a sweet sentiment and a really cute pink elephant.
 More puffy stickers.
 A tag for the inside of the book. The back has got lined paper to journal on.
 An autumn Leaves clear stamp. The loose tag goes in front of this and can slide behind the sweet cheeks tag.

 American Crafts rub-ons with some Viva pearls.
 Stamped crocodiles, too cute to bite and an American Crafts rub-on. I added 1 page in paper on top of the 5 page acrylic album.
 More puffy giraffe stickers and an American Crafts rub-on on the ribbon.
 I left the last page simple, using the effect of the decorated paper and just adding trim and a rub-on.
 Back of the book, were I might right a little note for the mum.
The finished album.
It has been a picture rich post, but thanks for visiting.

No comments: