Friday 18 December 2009

A Christmas card for my sister

Sad news; Borders is in administration. Our favourite bookstore. That's where I get my American Craft magazines from. It's a shame. All we have left is Waterstones and they don't do mags. WHSmith does Cards and Scrapbook trends, but it's not the same. Borders also had Martha Stewart magazines and other American home decor mags. I will miss them. My DH was really down when he discovered the news. No more browsing in the guitar mags for him. Poor man.
I 've got some new cartridges. One is A Child's Year and although I find the images beautiful, it is quite a challenge to use as they are just silhouettes. I decided to make a large card for my sis. Hope she will like it.

I used chalks and Shimmerz to colour the image. The white cardstock is from American Crafts and is really good quality. The stamp is from JustRite, I used Nestabilities to cut it out. The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye. I also used Swiss dots embossing folder an Martha stewart Doily lace punch. The pink ribbon is from Paperchase.

I sprayed Pearl Glimmer Mist over the top to make it shine and afix the chalk, which really worked. I tried to give them eyes too. Don't think that worked out like I wanted it. I used 3-D dots to adhere the image to the base. And off they go, rumpapapum, rumpapa rum,...

No comments: