Friday 8 January 2010

Butterfly kisses

I'm starting to long for a bit of color and warmth. I know it's not yet spring, but with this exceptional cold weather we 're experiencing, I just yearn for some warm sunshine.
The forecast for Sunday and Monday is more snow, I just hope not for the South of England. Although they say it's less cold when it snows. Hmm... Sorry, I just don't take the cold very well.
I've cheered myself up a bit by making this next card. Just had to use oranges, yellows and greens. Haha!
I've added my card to the Gallery at the Greeting Farm  http://www.thegreetingfarm.com/galleria/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=837
and have joined for their first Saturday Sketch Challenge and on the Flutter by Wednesdays Challenge as you have to make something with "NEW" and butterflies, fairies and angels. Don't have the last 2, so made something with Butterflies.
It's another new Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm -out of my Christmas stocking-, the butterfly and hummingbird are from Artemio -a Belgian breed, hihi-. I forgot to mention the flower and the leaves, also from the same set. I stamped the white cardstock first with different colors of Distress Ink. The butterflies and bird are just stamped in one color and cut out, then I added some glitter and pearls. The rub-ons are from Doodlebug, the patterned paper is from BG Offbeat collection. I've added some Spiced Cider Blingz to the paper roses and some brown polka dot ribbon around the card.
I'm still experimenting with my Copic colouring. I've seen some lovely Manga colouring on You Tube. I wish I could colour that way. It was a girl with a kitten in her arms. Beautifully done!
Something from the homefront; my mom needs to have another coronary op on Monday and I'm already worried sick about her. I can't go over yet. I just pray that she isn't scared and all goes well with her. So terrible that I live so far. I wish I could find a way so she could live with me.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the layout that you chose, and I'm especially partial to the sentiment! I hope that your mother comes through! Thanks for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge with us this week!

Danni said...

What a wonderful, gorgeous card!! Love everything about it..especially the butterflies..gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty card! Anya is such a cutie, and those butterflies are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

kris said...

Beautiful!!! i love the color combo and all the butterflies!!! absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at FBW! hugs!