Wednesday 20 January 2010

First scrapbook pages - summer 2004


Hello,
Got a late shift coming up today plus a ward meeting so got to start a bit earlier then usual. So just this quick post of something I've had for a while.
After so many months, I have finally decided to post my very first holiday layouts. Before I had a real scrapbook album, I used to decorate ordinary photoalbums. I used to stick the photos in or mat them. Decorated with punches and journaling, but I never had the challenge of doing a 12x 12 page. These pages date a few years ago, but they still bring happy memories.

This is the first page of my album. I just used some scraps from a tourist brochure that I picked up on the boat from Zeebrugge, Belgium to Rosyth, Scotland. The title is made with Fimo and I traced with red gel pen our roadtrip.
We took our car over on the boat and I hired an inside cabin, because it was a night trip. It was quite a luxurious cabin with a spacious bathroom, we even had 4 beds. Although it was July, it wasn't really that warm, but we were lucky, on our 16 day trip we had only 2 days rain and then it poured...

Here 2 pictures taken on the boat and again a scrap from a brochure. The paper is K&Co Cut N Paste, actually I had originally made this page on different scrapbook paper that I bought in Belgium, but after moving to the UK, I found prettier ones and ripped the photos of the old sheet. As the years go by I know there's now nice paper available over there too. I added some stamping on the postcard and journalled on the little note. I even kept the boarding ticket and stitched on it.

The morning of our arrival, passing under the Forth Bridge. I used my Cricut for the letters and some little stamps to create a border effect and a journalling tag.. I think they are by Royal & Langnickel and were only 99p.
I might upload the whole album. I quite like the idea of a blog, since my laptop broke down last summer and I lost whatever I had on the C drive. I didn't realise a laptop will only last 6-7 years, especially because I only used mine as a desk computer. Now I'm planning to save everything on an external harddisk and upload more onto my blog.

No comments: