Monday 4 January 2010

Happy Birthday, my love!

I made a birthday card for my dear man. He's turning 47 on Wednesday. Oh, yeah!
I had to make this very "young" card for him and because he still feels like "the animal" -wink, wink-, it had to be a lion.

I used several carts to get all the cuts. Plantin Schoolbook for the grass and hills and numbers, Doodlecharms for the sun and tree, animal Kingdom for the lion and the sentiments, Graphically Speaking for the clouds.
I used K&Co paper and the Cut'N Paste stack, cardstock is from Papermania and Coordinations. The inside is stamped with Hero Arts sentiment stamps in Midnight Blue. I also distressed a few edges and shapes with Tim Holz inks. I used Woodware scalloped circle punches to create a backdrop on the inside of the card.

I'm quite sure that he will find it funny. I just hope he doesn't peek on my blog before his birthday. Sometimes he will have a look on his job during his break, but I hope this time he'll be playing games with his colleagues.
Love you, my sweetheart.

No comments: