Saturday 24 April 2010

TESC110 and CCCB#1 challenges

I think I'm just in time for these 2 challenges. I love the Taylored Expressions blog and challenges, but never played along. Now I heard from Heather on Simply Handmade that there is a new blog with challenges City Crafter Challenge Blog.
Now what I really liked, was that there wasn't any sketch to follow. That I like! Although I did grab a sketch from TESC.
Taylor has these wonderful quirky sketches and video tutorials - which I absolutely love-. Sometimes I just flick on You Tube while crafting and let these tutorials play, even if I don't intend making them. It's nice to see. I must be a sad person...
So here 's my card. Is it a crowd pleaser? Grin.
Supplies: K&Co paper, Plantin Schoolbook: yep, I used that to cut the square background and the little squares, told you I'm a sad person. Well who needs to measure when you've got the Cricut...
Imaginisce cupcake stamp, G Studio sentiment stamp, Copics, Tsukineko ink.
Thanks to Julie Ranae, I am also entering this on The Playdate Cafe. I didn't even know what their challenge was. I have heard of them through Heather's blog before, but never played. I must have been missing something, there is incredible talent around. Thank you all for your kind comments and help - at least I know how to link now.

12 comments:

june lanum said...

cute card, thanks for playing along with CCCB, be sure to come back every Tuesday for a new challenge

Heather Rogers said...

Oh this is fabulous, Margaret! Perfect for the cupcake challenge this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us. Hope you will join us next week too. I know you are a pretty busy girl. :)

Unknown said...

So Cute! Love the image you used for your cupcake! You can't go wrong useing K&CO paper. I love it!
Hope you play along with us next Tuesday!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Nice one, love that cupcake and sentiment stamps. Thanks for joining us at CCCB.
~kirsty

City Crafter Challenge Blog said...

Thanks for your entry and playing along with us, just a gentle reminder - to be eligible for the prize, you will have to link back to CCCB on your post. Here's how - mention CCCB on your post, highlight it and click "link", that should take you to a place where you could type in http://citycrafter.blogspot.com
Hope this helps.
~city crafter challenge blog

Julie Ranae said...

Gosh...these colors are pretty spot on for The Play Date Cafe Challenge as well! You still have time!

Love what you've done here : )

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute birthday card, wonderful choice of papers for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic use of the colors with the different papers and the main image. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

Ruby said...

Cute card! Perfect use of our colours in the challenge too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation.. love the cupcake! So glad you joined us the Play Date Cafe this week.. hope you will come back again!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh--this is a great card for our color combo this week! Beautiful bday card! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Great card! Such a darling little cupcake image. Thanks for playing along with the CCCB :)